Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Using up your stash blog hop- New Year Full of Memories



A New Year Full of New Memories - use up those jars you have in your stash to create a memory jar. Write down a good memory each day and at the end of the year, take a moment to read back over your memories. Don't have a jar, use a box or a canister or whatever you have in your stash. 
“If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. WELCOME! You should be coming from Janet’s Blog.

If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Janet’s Blog. Let's get started.
Today I am showcasing the card box by Close to my heart turned in to a memory "jar". While there are probably plenty of actual jars I could have done for this project I found using a box that was sitting around waiting to be created on as a better option for using up some of my Stash!



Now as you can see the title memories is on this box. While my kids are all about having a memory jar right now, it may be that in a year or two thats not so much the thing. That being the case I wanted this box to look cute but be able to be used for more than a memory jar if it proves to be a phase in my household.


The lettering of memories if you look closely you will see it is purple and gold with a shimmer. This is because I used my Silks acrylic paints. I fell in love with these and the twinkling H2O's at a Ck convention two years ago. Incase you are not familiar with these paints I have a You tube video here, introducing them and showing you a little on how you can use them. ( I am not the person in the video.)



For the inside of the box I painted a layer of Gesso on it, to make it easier to apply Twinkling H2O's to it in a fun matching pattern later on. ( I wasn't able to paint it yet, due to letting it dry, and deciding on the design to make.

For the rest of the box, I used the retired Close to my Heart Dotty for You campaign paper, alternating two prints from it. I also used Black shimmer trim tape, and some flourished sparkles.



Now the stamped images I inked in two different inks to get their two toned aged effect. one was with Petal and cashmere, and the other was sweet leaf and cashmere. ( all close to my heart inks.) Lastly the flowers are from a Tim Holtz ribbon, that I simply cut them off of, and adhered them to the box.

While this is going to be perfect for a year of memories, it can also be great for keeping photo memories in. 

Now hop on over to Shirley's Blog for more ideas of using up your stash.







3 comments:

  1. Love it Tabitha. Thanks for the tutorial about the paint you used on the letters. A little bling, yea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute memory box, Tabitha! And the tutorial is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card box. What a great way to hold your memories for the year and you can stash a bit more then paper. Fabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete