Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Shark Week

If you couldn't tell with some stuff I am playing catch up.which I am happy to say that I have been making some good progress on the catch up game.The key with catching up is def not just making scrapbook pages but getting the pictures on them and the journaling done.Thats a toughie since I have a bad habit of making the layouts before the pictures are printed, or before I even know what I want to use it for.


So my oldest son loves sharks, which has made shark week a must in our house. While jaws and sharknado is great for entertainment, we actually go to our shark books and the discovery channel for more educational stuff on sharks over that week.




The shark that I have cut out was a free cut from Circut last year during shark week. I then took oil pastels, liquid glass and liquid applicaque to make the water. I used wooden arrows from Studio Calico to point out his shark slippers.  Then to give the layout a little something I sewed on the journaling and put some burlap behind part of the title. 




The oil pastels was done by coloring on in a scribbling manner with a few shades of blue then blending them with my finger. The liquid glass was drawn on in a few spots to give it that watery shine and help emphasize waves. The liquid applique is the white stuff to represent foam. 
 A close up of the sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment