Monday, January 19, 2015

Birthday Cake Cozy- Twinkie Chan

Birthday Cake Cozies


This last saturday if you were lingering here you would have seen my work in progress entry, where I had started this project.
After I found it  and the pattern on Twinkie Chan's site I HAD to make it.




This cozy I made for my youngest son's class. In the pattern Twinkie chan used a target's up and up tissue box. Due to my location it is more likely that the classroom will get a variety of tissue boxes so I bought a puffs tissue box to make the cozy. It turned out to be a little bigger than the target up and up box so I had to alter the pattern a little.




The Actual Pattern for this can be found HERE. And below are the alterations I made.


KEY:
ch= chain
st= stitch
sts=stitchs
sc= single crochet
() total number of stitches per a row
sk=skip



For the Top:

Row 1: ch 25, sk first st, sc across (24)
Row 2: ch 1 turn, sc 24
Row 3- 10 : repeat row 2
Row  11: sc5, ch 14, sc5.. ch1 and turn
Row 12- 19  Sc 24 ch 1 and turn work


Chocolate sides: I followed the patterns intructions but ignored the numbers working my way across to make sure it was even I ended with 42 sts in each row.

The filling ( yellow and chocolate)

Row 1: ch 43, sk 1st then sc across evenly (42)
Follow the rest of pattern from there using these numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment