Thursday, October 3, 2013

Rockin Hearts Team Blog Hop- Using stash stamps

Hello! Welcome to the Rockin Hearts Team Blog hop. This hop is actually being done in the form of a linky party, so be sure to check out the other blogs linked below for more ideas.


This month's theme is : using a stamp you have only used once or never.

I for one am guilty of buying a stamp, having a ton of ideas or at least a few ideas for it and then never using it after I get it. This gets bad enough that if my stash gets over flowing these are sometimes the stamps that I choose to get rid of. Today though we are going through our stash to find these very items and find a use for them.

While when I think stash I think embellishments and paper, stamps and other items that stick around for the long term can be a big part of that stash. Something as simple as pulling out that old item to see what you can do with it can in the long run help eliminate the stash we do think about (paper/ embellishments).

 I chose this stamp set, which is a past CTMH stamp of the month from earlier this year. While I was so excited about this stamp set, once I got it it was put aside. This may be in part because I was just finishing my degree and became very focused on scrapping specific things which this did not go with.
 I decided I wanted to use it for a pocket scrapbooking swap I am apart of so once I figured out that I was going to do 2 colors per pinwheel I stamped out the appropriate color of each pinwheel to make the right number of swap cards.

This is what I came up with, it is a 3"x4" card that can be used as a filler on a traditional scrapbook page, or as a filler card for a pocket scrapbooking layout.

Supply List:
Retired pinwheels stamp of the month
Dream pop paper
Lagoon ink: Z2195
Honey Ink :Z2162
Gypsy ink: Z2190
Slate ink :Z2173
Smoothie ink ( to ink edges): Z2196
Indian corn Blue ink:

Now check out these other great projects that were done to this them by fellow Rockin Heart team members.



No comments:

Post a Comment