Sunday, September 15, 2013

CTMH Technique Blog Hop- Using Liquid Glass


Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 6 of us highlighting the use of liquid glass. This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. 

If you are coming from Shirley's Blog, you are on the right track! 

This is an mini album I made for my son that was themed around his 8th birthday. You will see on the 3rd page I used liquid glass in a non traditional way.



On this page I used liquid glass to make the feel of water.
To do this I first took Pacifica pigment ink and sponged the chipboard till it was nice and blue. From there I adhered the sky piece of cardstock. I then lightly put a layer of liquid glass over the pacifica ink giving it a shiny water like look. In some spots instead of applying the liquid glass I put liquid applique and let it puff up naturally.

On the left page I used 4x4 flip flaps to do a waterfall effect.




Supply List:  

Surf's up paper pack: X7168B
Adventure mini pigment ink set: Z2501
Baker's twine neutral assortment: Z1701
Liquid Glass: Z679
Liquid Apllicaque: Z308
Artbooking Cricut cartridge: Z1906


Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Joy's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!


1 comment:

  1. I love your book! I'm inspired by you to work on a mini this weekend. TFS.

    ReplyDelete