Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Using up your Stash Blog hop- Simple card


If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. WELCOME! You should be coming from Judy'sBlog.

There are 6 participants this month. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.

Today I am showcasing a simple card that is cute but only one layer of paper. Doing this allows the card to be lighter so it is easier to ship, but it also brings back the focus of a card...... sending a message to someone.


For this card I used my Water color pencils, to give the water a more watered look, as well as coloring in the whale.To achieve the watercolor look with the pencils I colored with the pencils and then used a water brush to move the color from the pencil around similar to using a paint brush with water color paints. I then took liquid glass through out the water to give it a shiny and bumpy look.


You can see another example of using water color pencils on my blog Here, but if you go be sure to come back so you can see Shirley's blog.


Supply list:

(This list has item codes which are linked to my website to make it easier to check the prices on each item, or to make purchasing easier.)

Bitty Sparkles: Z1263
Liquid Glass: Z679
Colored pencils: 3505
Daisy White Cardstock: 1385


Now hop on over to Shirley's Blog for more ideas of using up your stash.

5 comments:

  1. Nice color, reminds me of the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabbi, that is one of my favorite stamps! You did a great job on the CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love this stamp set more and more every time I use it.

      Delete