Thursday, August 15, 2013

Technique blog hop- stamping (on anything BUT paper)

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 6 of us highlighting the stamping on anything but paperThis blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. 

If you are coming from Shirley's Blog, you are on the right track! 

Here is an up close picture of where I stamped on the canvas Journal and a sheet of cork.

 On the binding I attached some studs using liquid glass so they stuck on for the long journey.


This is the finished product.


For stamping on the canvas I found the pigment ink to work better on not bleeding on the canvas and staying a bright vibrant color.

Supply List: 
(the item codes are linked to my website for the ease of pricing and shopping.)

Adventure Pigment mini stamp set: Z2501
For always paper pack: X7165B
Silver shimmer trim: Z1799
Liquid glass: Z679
canvas Journal:(recently retired from the CTMH idea book)
Cork sheet


Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Stephanie's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!


6 comments:

  1. Very nice, I like the borders on the side too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I've not been brave enough to stamp on cork, but your stamped image turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I pondered it and debated on what ink to use to make sure it didn't look bad.

      Delete
    2. So, are the mini pigment ink different from our regular CTMH inks? Is pigment the preferred ink type for stamping on things other than paper? I used black Staz-On for my project because I don't know enough about pigment inks or the mini stamp pads CTMH offers. I thought black was my only option for projects like this.

      Delete
    3. Yes Stephanie they are different. The primary line of stamp pads are water based. If you look in the idea book you will actually the inks marked. The water based ink pads give a lighter look as well as have the ability to give the feel of water colors. Pigment takes longer to dry and is harder to get out of clothing. (the white ink pads are pigment.) There is also some of the inks that have gone to an alcohol base which can be found in the markers. This give the color a different look. Water and alcohol based inks are great for paper, but on some materials tend to bleed all over. Black pigment is a great alternative to staz-on and it won't discolor your stamps like the staz-on tends to do. There are not re-inkers for the pigment stamps so you would have to purchase new currently when they dry out.

      Delete