Saturday, August 17, 2013

August Card swap- Water color pencils

Every month a group of fellow Close to my Heart consultants come together and make 5 of the same card following a theme. This month's theme is water color pencils since they were brought back in the Autumn/winter 2013 Close to my Heart Idea Book. 

 I started off by making 4x4 card bases on my cricut, and sizing up the wrapper I made for the cards to make sure it fit perfectly. For this card and wrapper I used the Close to my Heart Artiste Cricut Cartridge. The sandals were stamped with pigment ink, and I used desert sand ink to stipple the card to give it a sandy feeling.


This is what the card looks like with the wrapper (not seen but I put bitty sparkles on the crab for his eyes). The crab was colored in with a color pencil and then I went over it with my (    ) to give him a water colored look. I did this same technique on the straps of the sandals. 


Supply List: 
(item codes are linked to the item on my website to make pricing and purchasing easier.)

Cotton Candy Card stock: X5760
Colonial white card stock: 1388
Dotty for you paper ( retired)
Water Color pencils: 3505
bitty sparkles: Z1263
edge distresser: Z1297
Texture tools (used for the stippling): Z1298
Adventure pigment mini ink pads: Z2501

No comments:

Post a Comment