Monday, May 20, 2013

Using up your Stash Blog Hop- metal embelishments

If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. WELCOME! You should be coming from Nikki's Blog.

There are 8 participants this month. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.

Today I am showcasing sing metal embellishments on a layout. With this the primary embellishing was done with metal pieces, and i used ones that coordinated with the Dream Pop paper as I am also showcasing it.


This was a fun layout for me in part because it did not focus on people, but rather pictures that most would not scrapbook due to something blocking part or all of the subject that the photo was being taken of.  In my case it was the first time we took our boys to disney world, and they both got balloons. The balloon our youngest son got constantly got in the way of the camera no matter what we did with it. Going through the pictures after the trip started to get amusing because we would always wonder is the blue balloon in the next picture.

 On this page I used 2 metal embellishments. The first one is the yellow circle at the top of the layout. The majority of the metal pieces I used on this layout came from a retired Mini- Melody. They are packaged with several embellishing items to make it super easy to have stuff organized together that work well together. Then it is just a matter of picking one that matches the project. Below I have the mini-melodies linked on my website so the current ones can be viewed.
With the fun paper from the Dream Pop packet I found it perfect to use this metal piece to focus on a word thankful.
 On both of the pictures on the second page I put 2 metal tabs on the pictures, then to help vary the color I used a different color metal brad.
This was the last metal piece I used which holds the journaling in place.

Supply List:
**the items listed below are the items that can currently be found in the Close to My Heart Idea book for purchase. To make purchasing easier for you I have linked the code of each item on my webpage so the price can be found as well as purchasing completed.**

Dream pop Paper Pack- Click Here (you will get offered to add this to your cart once you meet the minimum purchase requirement.)
Black hemp- Z282
Brad Assortment- Z1366
Mini- Melody assortments- Click here
Cork Alphabet- Z1450
Artiste Cricut Cartridge- Z1790


Now hop on over to Janet's Blog for more ideas of using up your stash.

Dream Pop Paper Pack




Simply make an order of $35 or more and you can get this paper pack for $10. Go HERE to place an order and get a pack of dream pop paper.

6 comments:

  1. Cute layout, the metal worked so well with the Dream Pop paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the dream pop gray paper even looks like metal a little. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun balloons and I like the metal clip holding the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea! I never seem to be that creative! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work L like that too. Can you tell me how many hours it takes to complete?

    ReplyDelete