Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Technique Blog Hop- Fabric




Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! This month there are 7 of us highlighting the use of fabric on a project. This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Debi's Blog, you are on the right track!



For this project I made a layout and a card showing two different ways to use fabric in your projects.
 In both of these projects I used the Dream Pop paper available through Close To My Heart only during the month of May!

In this layout I used the fabric as a ruffle to accent a photo.
 In this layout I used Glitter Glitz on the cork alphabet numbers to make them shimmer.
For the ruffle I simply used glue dots as I made folds to hold it in place.
On this card the fabric was used as the background coloring. This allowed for a base design as well as giving the card different texture.




Supply List:
** *all items are Close to My Heart, and have been linked to my website(where applicable) in order to make pricing and purchasing easier.***

Dream pop: (becomes available in the cart once you have a minimum of $35 in the cart)
Gliter Glitz silver: Z1482
Cork Alphabet: Z1450
Garden Wood shapes: Z1718
chantilly textiles(fabric): Z1819
Sparkles: Z1752
Sparkles Black Flourishes: Z1745
Shimmer Trim (silver): Z1799


Thanks for stopping by! Please continue onto Stephanie's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!


 If you get LOST! Below is the list of hoppers linked to their blog post for the hop!
debi
Tabbi-( You are here)


Dream Pop!

This is the paper I used in my projects for this hop. You can get this paper for $10 for the month of may if you make an order of $35 or greater. This is the CTMH promotion for National Scrapbooking Month. Go HERE to get yours today!






5 comments:

  1. love the ruffle- glue dots are my favorite sewing implements also-LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use glue dots all over my house! love those things, would be lost with out them =)

      Delete
  2. I love the colors in your layout and the fan of fabric is cool!

    ReplyDelete