Monday, April 15, 2013

Technique Blog hop- The Stickease of Stickers



Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 8 of us highlighting the "Stickease of stickers." This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique.

If you are coming from Shirley'sBlog, you are on the right track!  
 Today I am focusing on the Dakota paper pack. This particular paper pack is featured with a type of sticker called a foil image. Like the Close To My Heart Stickease these are designed for a person to quickly put together beautiful layouts just using the stickers and paper. The main difference between the foil image compliments and the traditional CTMH Stickease is the thickness and the foil shimmer. The foil images are not thick, where the Stickease are thick like card stock but still have the adhesive backing like a sticker.

 
This is the entire layout. At first appearance it may seem that I made it uneven, but I did this on purpose for the titling to give some variance to the layout being too squarish.

On this page there is only one foil image which is the horse shoe and the little border on the bottom. The rest of the accents were sparkles.

The star is a foil image that was placed on a Dimensional Element. I then edged the star in chocolate to give it a dirtied / rustic look.

This is a closer view of the star and the little wagon wheel in the corner.

This is a close up of the foil image I used as a partial border on each page. As you can see from this image and the wagon wheel the foil images have a little bit of a shine to them.


As you can see I only used a few of the foil images leaving me still plenty on both sheets that come in the pack. This will allow me to still make several layouts and cards.

Supply List:  *I have linked the item codes to my website for ease to find prices as well as shopping if you desire.*

Dakota Paper pack-X7157B
Dakota Complements Foil Images-X7157C
Star Dimensional Elements-Z1680
Sparkles Black and Grey Assortment-Z1754
Chocolate ink pad-Z2111
Sponge daubers-Z726
Bonding Memories glue-1512
 Glue Dots-1772

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Melinda's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome use of the My Stickease foil shapes! Love it Tabbi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those foil ones are a little tricky- well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy, ma'am! That's a mighty fine looking layout you've got there. The silver foil stickers look fab on your spread!

    ReplyDelete