Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Black and white theme-card

It has been a great month and I was able to participate in the April card swap with the Happy Scrapin' Squad!. The month and April was the theme- Black and white cards. So I thought I would share with you the card I made for the swap, and once the Card Swap photo slide is up I will be sharing it as well.


Card Measurements:(Peice sizes go from the largest piece of paper to the smallest.)
Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Peice A Black background :3 3/4" x 5"
Peice B Slate mat: 2 1/4"x  2 3/4"
Peice C Colonial White (has sentiment): 2" x 2 1/2"

I used a sponge dauber with the black ink around the base of the card, as well as the piece that has the sentiment on it. Then I used my slate ink pad to rub the edge of the slate cardstock.


Making your own background:

For this I simply picked a design I liked, and because I wanted it to look like worn writing I took a towel to pat some of the extra ink off the stamp before stamping the paper.Also because the paper is larger than the stamp I alternated which side of the paper I started on each row to minimize noticeable lines between the stamped images.




Supply List: (the item codes have been linked to my website for the ease of pricing and purchasing)


Shimmer Trim- Silver: Z1799
Black Cardstock: 1386
Colonial White cardstock:  1388
Colonial White Ink pad: Z2168
Black ink pad:Z2105
Slate ink pad: Z2173
RETIRED clear epoxy bubbles
RETIRED Slate ribbon
RETIRED Avonlea workshop on the go (card kit) Stamp set
RETIRED Bohemian assortment (the flower)

No comments:

Post a Comment