Friday, December 21, 2012

Using up your stash blog hop- Around the house


If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. WELCOME! You should be coming from Judy's Blog.

There are 6 participants this month. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.


Today's blog hop was focusing around the house.I am loving this hop because when we all started we had a different perspective of the term " around the house" some of us thought home decor, while others were thinking of everyday items that are around the house that could be used in their normal crafting. For me with the Fall/ Winter 2012 Close To My Heart idea book bringing out home decor items that was the way I thought.

I was in debate between a few items and the item I am posting while it is "done" for now I am in debate if I am fully done with it. This is probably in part because I kept changing my mind during the making of it on what I wanted it themed to.... Just means I need to make more!!

While this is the finished look and over all I am happy with it, I did not have a battery pack set of lights to string in it, and I had finally decided thats whats missing.
Simple things I did to this that do not need instructions is I wrapped the black tulle around the bottom half of the wreath to work as a netting for accessories as well as protector to the glitter. The die cut stars were glittered to make them sparkle.

This gives a better look at the base, before I did too much with it. The first thing I did to the base of the wreath was I took it outside to spray it with a spray glitter. Please note! this can be done with the CTMH spray pen very nicely with the pearl paint and re-inker, I did not do it this way due to it being exposed to weather I wanted a product that was designed for such.


The base of this wreath was actually hand made by my husband. We have a wooded area near our house, so he went out there and pulled out vines and wrapped them together. While he did this for me, I will say he did this many months ago and I just never got around to making the wreath/finishing it. 
I made the snow flakes with die cuts that I edged with the Pacifica pigment ink. After that was dry I lightly  put a thin layer of pearly paint over it. The snowflakes are attached to the ribbon by glue dots.
The flowers were cut in 3" sizes with the cricut using both the Cricut Art Philosophy and the Artiste. ( due to the number of flower cut designs on the art philosophy this could be replicated just using that one cartridge.



These flowers used the Avonlea paper pack, and Liquid applique to make. With the applique I simply applied very small amounts and then warmed the area with the craft heater till they puffed up.

QUILLING- This is a technique I have ued in the passed on here. Please click HERE to learn more about quilling, which was done to these flowers.
I made the bow sit off to the side to make an attention point on the wreath.
 Watch the CTMH video below to learn how to make the perfect bow!





Product list:
**please note all items that have a linked code are current CTMH items, all other items are marked with their brand if it is known.The linked code is there to make shopping and viewing of the product easier.**

Graphic 45 paper- for the flowers
*CTMH*Avonlea X7155B paper pack  (was used for flowers)
*CTMH* Black Tulle Ribbon  Z1798
Shimmer brads (retired CTMH)
*CTMH* Slate Satin Poka-a- dot Ribbon Z1802
Non shatter ordaments from micheals
*CTMH* Liquid Applique Z308
*CTMH* Adventure mini pigment pads set (exclusive inks)  Z2501
*CTMH* Cricut cartridge-Artiste Z1790
*CTMH* Cricut cartridge Art Philosophy Z1686

other helpful products while making this wreath:
Glue Gun
Craft Heater Z555
Liquid Glass Z679


Now hop on over to Rachel's Blog for more ideas of using up your stash.


P.S. Here is an extra home decor idea


A home decor holiday project that is easy to do and even comes with instructions to allow your crafting time to not be thought challenging is the Workshop On The Go Advent Calendar.
This is an image of the advent calendar if you follow the guide instructions. Part of the fun of crafting is you can alter this design to suite your needs and still be super cute!


You can go HERE to check out the details on this great kit, as well as order it. (this link will also give you an image of the items that are in the kit.)




















7 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love the wreath! what a fantastic job you did!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much fun! thanks for the perfect bow tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely done and thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be nicely really worth your although to thoroughly research any tag watches for men to
    be able to buy or sell. This makes it tough to know where you should start.



    Here is my blog tag watches for women

    ReplyDelete
  5. Мy bгоther ѕuggеstеd I might like thіs blοg.
    He was entirely right. Thіs poѕt truly maԁe my day.
    You сann't imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    My blog post: http://careerassistance.org/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I ωοuld like to ѕubscгibe for thіs webρage to take
    hοttest updates, thuѕ where can і do
    it please help out.

    Here іs mу page ... cna classes in jacksonville nc

    ReplyDelete
  7. Тhis website was... how do Ι saу іt?
    Relevаnt!! Finally I haѵе found something that helped mе.
    Thanks!

    My wеb-sіte Phlebotomy

    ReplyDelete