Sunday, July 22, 2012

Christmas in July

Yesterday was the Using up your stash blog hop and it focused on Christmas themed paper. This ranged from starting on your Christmas cards now, Christmas layouts, or fun projects for the holiday season.

With all the family and activities during the holiday season it is easy for your projects and to do list to get far behind and before you know it, it is the new year and you only got about half of what you wanted to accomplished.


Living in southern Georgia the only way we see snow here is if it is fake snow, or we go up to P.A. or I.L to visit family in the winter season. That being said, I love snowy type paper but I rarely use it for layouts because I don't typically have "wintery" typical pictures. So I specifically busted out with some of this type of paper to make layouts for this winter with.


Paper used was Wonderland which can be found in the Close To My Heart Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book.





I made paper ribbon for this layout, and folded it in spots to add dimension and texture.





There are snowflakes randomly stamped on the bases of both layouts and a few are accented with sparkles.


Every winter I go to watch a bag piper play Christmas carols on the bag pipes with my family as we drink  hot cocoa. Making this a perfect layout for that.



All accessories used on this layout are current Close To My Heart products that you can purchase at My Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment