Monday, May 21, 2012

Using up your stash blog hop- metal embellishments


If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. WELCOME! You should be coming from Debi's Blog.

There are 11 participants this month. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.
 The purpose behind this monthly hop is to get ideas on how to use up stuff in our stash that we tend to have a lot of. This month we are focusing on brads and metal embellishments.


Today I am showcasing a layout using several older items (and some newer). While I did not do anything fancy with my metal embellishments, focusing on them when making any project it seems like they can be used up really quick.
While It would appear at first glance I am focusing on buttons, There is actually several metal parts on this page.I did not take a close up of this but the top picture on the left page, as a metal corner cover on it. I found it perfect to cover up a small bad spot on the photo, while giving an accent to off set the 3 studs on the right of the photo.

very easy and simple, yet not always thought of, I put brads on the corners of these photos. It allows for a little extra something while still keeping the page simple.

I just love these lil clips and can never get enough of them. I stuck it in to some 3d foam tape. So that picture has depth and fun below it.

This picture I just realized I only took this corner with the studs. The studs actually have an adhesive backing making them easy to stick to anything.



 I apologize this seems like a little less than some of my past posts, but I have been swamped with college work lately. I can say that in the case like a layout like this I tend to keep all of the various types of the item I want to use up, out in the open in my working area so I am more likely to grab them first. I had left the metal embellishments and brads out for this project for a while so when I was able to get a few minutes to work on something I actually used up quite a bit of what I had out. This was the first project I found that I over all finished (minus journaling and title)



Now hop on over to Rachel's Blog for more ideas of using up your stash

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Great use of your metal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you finished the page, love the adhesve metal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice layout & embellments add jus the right touch

    ReplyDelete
  4. When filling out of the forms, keep in mind that it is
    possible to count your kids and food stamps as a part
    of your earnings payday uk however, the company is experiencing some issues when it relates
    to consolidating loans because with the downfall with
    the credit market generally the congressional cuts that have been implicated.

    ReplyDelete