Thursday, March 1, 2012

Where have I been?

It has been a crazy year, and despite the constant things happening in jan. I can say i was on top of it all. My creative juices were flowing and it was great! Then my love for personality theories and behavior annalists became available for my reading enjoyment in February with my class this month which has taken me away from my craft room some.
However, my class has never kept me consistently away from the craft room as I always have at least 1 day a week that is free enough for me to go in and be crafty. Crafter's Block! It is a horrible thing that I have been muddling through.

Here are a few things I have done to help me get over the hump:
Re-arranged my craft room
Took a break
Looked at other people's work for ideas
organized photos with papers
last but not least looked at layout design books.

The last thing is probably the most important because it will cause me to DO something.
So I thought I would take my crafter's block and share with you the six books that Jennette Lynton wrote, 2 are for card making and the other 4 are for layouts. In a rut I have found just using these for the purpose of being productive and getting back in to the flow will help me get ideas and get away from the daily hustle and bustle that probably caused my block.
this book is filled with 2 page spread layouts, with measurements on how to replicate them. Tips/ ideas on how to spice up your layouts can also be found through out this book.

This book as far as what is contains is very similar to cherish, however the layout designs are different,which by having both gives a bigger variety to work with. This was the first one of the books I purchased and I have to say it is one of my favorites just for variety that can be found in it.

This book focuses on 1 page at a time, so if you are like me and like to create your own work, but perhaps you only have 1 page done of your 2 page spread and are stuck this is handy because the layouts in this can work well with each other or as a stand alone.

This book is jammed pack with ideas on how to get more photos on that layout that is only designed for a few photos but is oh so cute. Most of these ideas also make it so the viewer of your scrapbook can enjoy it even more because instead of just flipping through pages they will interact with the pages to see all the memories!

This book contains ideas with instructions for card layouts. What i love about this book is that for holidays like Christmas when you need to make a lot of cards. This book contains workshops that contain several designs to do for the cards so they are varied but simple and cute at the same time so they aren't time consuming.

For what can be found in this book it is similar to wishes. However both the originals and wishes also have ideas/tips/techniques spread through out them like the scrapbook layout books which I use all these ideas for both cards and layouts.




All of these books can currently be purchased on My Website, or contact me directly to get them. The current Idea book is the last one they will be in, so if you think these may be handy for you for a crafter's block or to help you cut down the time it takes to make a layout make sure you get them before August when the idea book changes!

Here are the item codes for each book:
Cherish-9029
Imagine-9030
Magic-9034
Reflections-9031
Originals- 9032
Wishes-9033

No comments:

Post a Comment