Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Use up your Stash! Blog hop- chipboard

If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. WELCOME! You should be coming from Tonya'sBlog.

There are 13 participants this month. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.

Today I am showcasing different ways to use up chipboard and dimensional elements. to do something different I did not focus on layouts. While many of my posts usually have at least one layout to show a technique I went more towards cards. This is in part to show other ways to use things, along with it is something different. (besides I need a lot of cards ASAP! so it helped me knock some cards out.)
As you can see I have MANY chipboard elements for accenting. Many of those stacks are 2 and 3 deep. I was able to find a use for 2 packs which will not be shown today, and finished off some lefts overs I had in a bag for this. 

These are the items I made.

I colored the two circle chipboard elements with honey to highlight the card since most of it is brown and blue. By using the ones I used they blend in well with designs on the hexagons.


I actually finished up what I had left of this paper making this piece and the tag coming up next.I used the chipboard in this card as the palette where my phrase/word was put. It says wish very lightly.

In this picture you can see the two tone I did on the chipboard. To do this I took 2 different sponge daubers that had honey and goldrush ink on them. With out putting more ink on them I just patted them on the piece till i got the color I desired. Starting with the honey and working down at an angle. Then the goldrush working up at an angle.
These tags work perfectly with the Art philosophy cartridge for cutting your paper to just the size of the tag. Which the finished piece is on a chipboard tag to give it dimension. This tag was designed for a future beach layout. It is only missing hemp, which seemed to grow legs and walk out of my craft room! The edges to give it depth were edged in chocolate. I then accented this tag with another piece of chipboard. I used a sponge dauber to get it to the orange color.

I love this card, it is cute, quick and simple. Yet that blue piece of chipboard really does the trick to add some character. The white spots were embossed on to the chipboard. While i have done this before, that was done to it when I purchased it.
 If you started with Rachel's blog you have now completed the Hop! If not please
hop on over to Rachel's Blog for more ideas of using up your stash.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I LOVE the way the 2 tone turned out. I will be using that technique from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Stash! the two-toned one looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you combined ink colors on one chipboard piece, gonna have to try that!
    Wendy K.
    www.MyScrapbookingBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love the two tone on the irristibles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The two-toned irristibles is amazing! It blends so well and pulls out the colors so well with that paper. Great Job!!! Gonna definitely have to try the 2-tone thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!! Beautiful inking on the chipboard!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool...now I need another 365 days to accomplish ALL the stuff I didn't do in the last 365 days of 2011!!
    Creative wishes:>)
    Membership Cards
    Clear Cards
    Scratch Card

    ReplyDelete