Thursday, March 15, 2012

Technique Blog Hop- Designs as embellishments

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 13 of us highlighting the “B&T Duos designs as embellishments ” Technique as shown on page#21 in the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. 

We would love to see what you’ve created using this month’s technique, please visit Technically Terrific blog where you can share your project and be entered in a chance to win great prizes.  You will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way.  Let’s get started!

If you are coming from Lisa's Blog, you are on the right track!  

For this technique I decided to use the Florentine paper since I love so many of the designs that are on it, they are easy to use just to decorate stuff with.
This is the full layout. I didn't do a title because I have a habit of arguing with myself over it. While I know I am going to use the cricut to write Zoo Date, I am debating on what font.

For this accent I cut out the image from a sheet of B&T duos paper Shown above. Then I 3d foam taped it to the ribbon. I attached the ribbon with liquid glass after sponging the ready color ribbon with Creme brulee, twilight, and cocoa. Then I topped it with an opaque

I used the same image in the previous picture again topping it with an opaque, but the main focus in this are the hearts which I cut out of a sheet from the Flourintine paper pack. Then They were 3d foam taped for dimension.

Here I took the strip that is cut off the top of the B&T duos before you work with it. One side of that strip says Close To My Heart on it, the other side has a design. I took the design and then cut it so it was only the scallops.


 Using this technique allows for easy embellishments that don't cost extra, or take a lot of extra time for you to create. A big bonus is they already match the paper perfectly that you are working with since they are printed on the same paper.


Supply List: 
*The supply codes are linked to my webpage for easy viewing of price and shopping *
Florentine paper pack- X7153B
Mocha Opaques- Z1333
Florentine My Stickease Assortment- X7153C
Ready color ribbon- Z1732
3D Foam Tape- Z1151
Liquid Glass-  Z679
Bonding Memories Glue- 1512



Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Bethany's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!


In case you get lost, below is the hopping list.




  The paper I used for this hop is the same paper featured on my blog. So if you want to see other ways to use this paper check out my Paper of the Month page.

4 comments:

  1. Flourentine is the perfect pack for this technique- you did it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job ~ as usual! Love how you used the color ready ribbon. I wasn't too sure on how to use it, but seeing this gives me some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the layout it looks cool and the paper pack is fabulous

    ReplyDelete