Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Use your stash blog hop- flowers and buttons

If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. You should be coming from Shirley's blog.

WELCOME! This month we are featuring buttons and flowers. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.

Today I am showcasing a layout I recently made with a hodge podge of stuff.
It started out as a layout with out a purpose and ended up an Easter layout.



The white flower was brightened up with pearl paint, and the pink one was made with the art philosophy cricut cartridge. The butterfly got the curl and color from a blue crackle paint. While the piece around Live was pewter before I put crackle paint on it.

This is a canvas badge button that is great to add designs on to. Since this layout was of an Easter egg hunt I figure the best thing to put on such a great button was eggs! When placing the stamp on the button, I made sure to slightly roll the stamp so its edges inked the button for a full image.

I used old thinner paper for these flowers using the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge. By using the thinner paper they are easier to manipulate. Inside of them is a lil blob of glitz glue. To get the small tight look of the flowers I coiled them around my quilling tool to shape them.
I made the white flower more like new by putting pearl paint on it, then put an old green flower on top for color. I attached them with a brad that I put white crackle paint on to then give it an aged look.
Here is a supply list of items I used that are currently in the Idea book.
(all items are linked to my page for easy shopping and to see the price. Item codes are next to the names of the items.)

Sparkles Flourishes- Z1708
Mini-melody pewter accessories- Z1487
Mocha opaques-Z1333
canvas badge buttons-Z1397
Sonoma level 2 paper pack- X7143B
Bling accessories- Z1466
Striped Grosgrain Ribbon- Z1617
paper butterflies- 1463

Now hop on over to Wendy'sBlog for more ideas of using up your stash.

To see more of my work with lots of creative ideas on how to use up your scraps check out my boards on pinterest.

6 comments:

  1. Great layout, love the hodge podge of items!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tabbi, fun show of technique, young woman- so many "how did you do thats!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially love the flower up against the thick ribbon - something about the white and brown just really pops. Great job of changing up the flowers and making a great layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - I love the pop that the pearl paint gives the flowers -another must try for me!!!!

    ReplyDelete