Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Technique Blog Hop- Even Easier

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month there are 15 of us highlighting the “Even Easier ” Technique as shown on page#91 in the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. 

We would love to see what you’ve created using this month’s technique, please visit Technically Terrific blog where you can share your project and be entered in a chance to win great prizes.  You will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way.  Let’s get started!

If you are coming from Lisa's Blog, you are on the right track! 

Full layout
Left page closer up.

Right page closer up.

I used the cricut art philosphy to cut these images at 2 1/2" Allowing for the stamp I used from the Vintage type stampe set to fit perfectly. Then I rubbed desert sand over the paper to give it an aged look with a sponge. From there I put a finger print and ripped/ rolled the edges.

Perfectly shaped tickets! Using the ticket shaped image on the art philosophy cricut cartridge, I cut a 1" ticket. The image came from one of the exclusive stamp sets that come with the circut cart I used. I again rubbed desert sand to give this an aged image. It was quick and easy for an accent that also gave words to my layout.

 I used the even easier technique to make the process of accenting my layout faster. By using the cricut to cut the correct size for my stamped images I didn't have to sit down with scissors and the images fit perfectly to the pieces I cut.
The stamp images I used along with all the other Close To My Heart stamp images that work with the cricut actually tell you next to the stamp in it's packaging what size to cut the image. Which really does make stamping "Even Easier"!

Supply List: 
Level 2 paper pack of Florentine- X7153B
Bohemian Assortment- Z1687
Antiqued Copper designer brads- Z1410
Licorice opaques- Z1335
Pin Clips- Z1612
Foundry metal Accessories- Z1711
Bling Assortment- Z1466
Natural hemp- Z280

Stamp sets: 
Vintage Type- D1481
Exclusive stamp set that comes with the Art Philosophy Collection- Z1686

Thanks for stopping by!  Please continue onto Cherri's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique!  Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

4 comments: