Saturday, January 21, 2012

Using up your stash! Blog hop

If you are joining us for the "Use Your Stash Blog Hop" you are right on track. WELCOME! You should be coming from Judy's Blog.

There are 10 participants this month. If you get lost along the way you can see the entire list of hoppers on Rachel's Blog. Let's get started.

Today I am showcasing ... a retired level 1 pack of the magic moments stashed away in my craft room, along with a bunch of the matching stickease (stickers). With the Close To My Heart level 1 paper packs being so quick to assemble I thought it would be a great way to help get me going on using up more of my stash.
These kits I would normally get because they came with matching stickease, and if I didn't want a lot of a certain paper but liked it this was perfect to cut up to my own designed layouts. I also enjoyed getting these on sale when the regular paper was already sold out! Ironically I found this kit half untouched, and the other half cut up as though I was preparing to make my own layouts with it.

This layout didn't get much in the way of accessories, since I am in debate on pictures to use on it, and with the paper being so busy most of any new accessories would be put on the picture corners n such.
I had fun with this one, the page on the right the base was like that in the kit. I added the title, the stickease strip and embellishments. Then for the page on the left I actually found an old left over scrap of the "wings" paper by CTMH and used it, then added the ribbon, and the stamped image from the "Rock The Block" set that is available during January. The stars I used a re-inker on, and then followed it up with pearl paint. The re-inker was dripped in to the cracks.

For this layout I put 3d foam tape under some of the stickease (stickers) to add dimension. Then on the right page I layered 2 ribbons, then accessorized them by adding sparkles and a different color bow. It really added something to the layouts, and with the paper being color filled and busy this seemed a perfect addition.

This is a very simple layout, I may add more to it, at least journaling, but the phrases tell a good story for the event.
Supply list (item codes for current product is linked for your shopping convince.)
Magic moments lvl 1 paper pack- retired
Wings bulk paper- retired
Magic moments stickease- retired
Sparkles- Z1104
Sweet leaf stitched grosgrain- Z1383
Cocoa Grosgrain- Z1100
Blue ribbon collection- Z1385
Pin Clips- Z1612
Metal assortment brads- Z1366
White Daisy Grosgrain- Z270
Chipboard- retired (you can find similar here)
Milepost Shapes-Z1464
After making these 4 layouts out of the full kit all that I had left was some flower stickers which are being used up quickly for cards.

Now hop on over to Tonya's Blog for more ideas of using up your stash.

If you want to see some other work I have done with level 1 kits/ pre-designed kits check out my post Here that was for another blog hop.

P.S. you can follow me on pinterest as well!
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Cute, this paper goes with everything

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you incorporated the rock the block too! The 3rd layout photos go so great with that paper and I like Thx last layout how the little flourishes continue as accents. I am going to try that with other busy papers. great job and p.s. I have found cut up L1 too and wondered what was I doing with this?????

    ReplyDelete