Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Rock a Block

 When you place a minimum order of $25 from the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book, you can get two valuable new products for just $15: the My Creations® Collage Cubes (a Spring/Summer 2012 sneak-peek product!) and the exclusive My Acrylix® Rock the Block E-size stamp set (available only during this promotion). This Rock the Block promotion represents a retail savings of almost $30! You're going to love the collage cubes and the Rock the Block stamp set, which work together for interactive, fashionable fun!

Here is what I have done with this great set.


The pink flowers were made with old "bella" CTMH paper and the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge.

I took each block and cut one side on 3 of it's edges creating a lid.


For the handle I took a wooden bead and strung waxy flax through it. Siting it on the lid of each box I would then be able to tell where to put the holes to string the waxy flax through.

To use up my scrap and give this a worn oldish look I used what I had left of the Close to My Heart  Lucky paper.

I used chocolate ink to "dirty" all the spots where there is white showing from the boxes and base.


For the labels I simply make them 1 1/2" by  and wrote what I wanted to be in the box. Taking vineyard berry to the edges of the label to help it pop off the background.

Each box was stamped with images from the Rock The Block stamp set. I purposely waited till after I adhered the paper to the boxes so the stamped images wouldn't be perfect. This allowed for a worn look, and some of it also would be covered up from accessories.

This is the stamp set that comes in the Rock The Block set.


If you Hop over to Rachel Ventura's blog you can see what she did with this great set, along with a hop she is apart of. They did a great job with this kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment