Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas is comming

So December is here and it's time to get festive. For many this is a time for traditions and family togetherness. For my family this is no exception, and I like how slowly year after year me or my husband add in something that was done during our childhood while also making new ones.

This weekend it was decorate the house and put up the tree! Unfortunately my husband had a migraine so the outside of the house didn't get decorated, but a family friend is going to help with that tomorrow.

For us the inside consisted of putting up the tree and decorating it, Putting Santa's town up on the mantle with hooks for the stockings, window  lights and lights garland through out the house. This activity however wouldn't be complete with out a family movie, hot cocoa and a fire going. So we watched gnomeo & Juliet, but the house was too warm to add a fire to it, so we opted out of that.

Now for the crafty part of this story! I knew we would be doing this soon, so to keep on top of some of our holiday activities I made a layout ahead of time, knowing I could use Flip Flaps if I needed more room for pictures.





To give this layout as much fun as it is to participate in this tradition I decided to use my Cricut and my art philosophy cartridge.

To get the shimmer on the Tree I used garden green re-inker mixed with alcohol, and the Create-a -shade pearl paint in the spray pen.

For the "ornaments" I used the cricut to cut a plain round tag at 4" and then strung hemp through the hole. Placing them at different levels of the paper, giving it a Christmas tree feel.

This layout was fun, simple and didn't require a lot of paper or products. The only thing I plan to add to it now, is some of the Glitz glitter to the ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment