Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dec. Blog hop

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop! This month there are 13 of us highlighting the Quick Glitz Technique as shown on page 35 in the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book! This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. If you would like to start from the beginning, please visit this link To Debi Barber’s page. While there you will also find a listing of all participants and their blog addresses if you should get lost or want to reference a blog along the way. Let’s get started!

If you are coming from Rachel's Blog, you are on the right track!

This is a two page layout I did, using the Quick Glitz Technique. Below is a closer picture of each page.
The technique as shown on page 35 of the 2011 Autumn/Winter Idea book shows using the glitz by just squeezing out a little from the bottle to "dot" on your project. This gives it a look similar to the mocha opaques only with more glitter.
As you can see to the left I used this style of the technique along my title, and photo "ribbon" borders.





 The variation of the Glitz technique is shown in this picture. I took the glitz on a brush and then spread it around on my plain blue card stock. Giving it texture, bling, and variation. Below I have provided a couple of pictures to show you how I did this on a scrap piece of paper.



First apply desired amount of Glitz to your brush.

Gently brush it along your paper as though it were paint.

Finished look. It will always have a unique look due to the glitter spreading differently.




In the picture to the left I used the glitz to accent my golden yellow leaf. To do this I used the Glitz bottle like a pen. Spreading the glitz around with the tip as I gently squeezed it out. This gave the glitz a thicker application than the paint brush did on the card stock above.







Simply squeeze out some of the glitz on the area you want to cover, keeping the tip of the bottle close to the paper.

Start moving the tip around barely touching the paper. This allows enough pressure to manipulate the glitz moving it where you want.


To make this layout I used the following Close To My Heart Supplies.

Supply List:
Dreamin' Level 2 paper pack: X7142B
Dreamin' My Stickease Assortment: X7142C
Glitz Glitter Gel Bronze: Z1483
Mocha Opaques Adhesive Gems: Z1333
Dark Chocolate Striped Grosgrain Bulk Ribbon: Z1617
Natural Hemp: Z280
Harvest Charms: Z1633


Thanks for stopping by! Please continue onto Sheila's Blog where you will find some additional artwork highlighting this technique! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

3 comments:

  1. I never thought of brushing it on...hmmm. I may have to try that one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) I have my son and cat to thank for that. They smudged a dot, and smeared on the blue card stock. So I started moving it around with my finger, and then grabbed the brush for a more finished look.

    ReplyDelete