Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Interactive card- flip flop

Every month I participate in a card swap, and this month the swap card theme was interactive cards. This caused much debate for me on what type of interactive card I would make, or how would I make a regular card interactive.
So I looked through the Magic book, and went to you tube and google. I found images of a card called the Flip Flop, and generally how it was made. At first site it can look kind of intimidating to make, but while fiddling with it I found it to be easy, and how to use it to make a multi- interactive card that does the flip flop a few times. ( I'll post one after I get a chance to make it)
For now here is the card I made for my swap, along with some simple instructions and tips on how to make it.




The base of the card is 7-1/4" x 5-1/2" 
take  1/4" off those measurements for the printed paper (butterfly paper in pictuers) 


Then score the base of the paper at the following measurements:
With long edge at the top one edge of the paper cutter, score at 2-7/8" and 4-3/8" from the left edge.

on one side of the card stock you will draw 4 lines
horizontally: ( 7 1/4" edges should be your top and bottom) make a 1" line from the edge of the top and bottom.
Vertically: make a line 1 3/4" from each edge.


At this point there will be a square in the middle of your card base with 2 score lines going through it. 
Take an exacto knife and cut along this square edge, DO NOT cut the space between the scored lines. When done you card should look like this. 








Now you can fold on the scored lines. Folding the right edge of your card to the left, and the left edge of your card to the right. 
This creates the base of the card and enabling it to be interactive. Pulling the edges away from one another will turn the square in the middle of the card, allowing it to "flip flop" 
The square pieces measurements are : 3 3/4"x 3 1/2"



* This card was made using Close To My Heart scrap booking supplies. Below is the list of items used.*


card base: 7 1/4" x 5 1/2" (colonial white)
"Wings"butterfly B&T paper: 7"x 5 1/4" (I did the same pencil measurements on this to get the squared lined up. To make it easier I first cut this at 7 1/4" x 5 1/2", cut the square out, then cut the 1/4" off each side before applying it to the base.)
Sweet Leaf CS: 3 1/2" x 3 3/4"
Twilight CS: 3 1/2" x 3 3/4"
Vineyard berry CS: 3 1/4" x 3 1/2"
All the colored CS I sponged the edges in the same color to soften the edges.
Stamp sets:
April Stamp of the month- Blessed: I used the saying and the butterfly(coca for the saying and petal and coca for the butterfly)

Bliss Workshop on the go stamp set: I used the roses( used petal and vineyard berry)
You & Me kit stamp set: The journaling stamp( coca for the stamp, then sponged over it in desert sand for an aged look.)

January Stamp of the month: The butterfly ( i stamped the butterfly in petal, twilight, and vineyard berry, then put opaques on the bottom edges)

No comments:

Post a Comment