Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring has Sprung Flowers

So I am sorry for those of you that have been looking for posts.

An update with me:
Not long after my last post I finished my session 1 class of psych, and started session 2 of this semester. That being said in session two I have more work because I have more classes. In a few weeks my class work load will be getting lighter, so I should be able to post more on here. Until then I will be putting up periodic tips and techniques with flowers so you can prepare many types of flowers for those spring cards and layouts.

Today's flower is one i have used to make a flower card and to make a big flower accent for layouts.

(this flower was put on the base of a round card. making it so the entire front was the flower.)

depending on the size you want any oval shape would work. I used a oval cutout from the disc in our Magic Book. 

I have varied on how many petals I make for the inner and outer part of the flower. For an average flower I have come up with: 6 outer petals and 5 inner petals. 

To get the curled effect after they were glued down, I wrapped each petal tightly around a pen. After it unraveled I was able to loose or tighten the curl by manipulating with my fingers.

For the core of the flower I used a large canvas button, stamped it, and then added accessories like sparkles as desired.


For this flower to be an accent: I use my circle punch to make a base for the petals to be glued to. This also allows the petals to be more tightly together. Also resulting in a slightly smaller flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment